COVID-19: Flexible booking terms & enhanced cleaning protocols
With Covid-19 causing disruption to winter 2020/21, our Covid-19 flexible booking terms are being applied to all bookings which have not been able to take place yet this winter due to travel restrictions. We will continue to communicate with all our customers with bookings and are working to transfer postponements to a holiday with us at a future time.
We also appreciate that whilst many of our customers are wanting to book their chalet holiday for winter 2021/22, the ongoing uncertainty surrounding Covid-19 may be holding them back. We hope that our flexible booking terms and conditions, plus our revised operating procedures set out below will address these understandable concerns.
We acknowledge that we have a part to play to help manage the control of Covid-19 and that we have a responsibility to implement measures to give peace of mind to our customers by offering flexible booking terms. We have been working hard to devise a model to protect both the money and health of our customers.
Book a White Horizons chalet holiday with confidence
We have restructured our business model with renegotiated supplier contracts to enable us to provide our guests with flexibility for bookings for 2020/21 and 2021/22. We have a workable strategy in place should there be further disruption due to Covid-19 during future winter seasons.
Our updated terms and conditions are designed to give you greater protection and flexibility as follows:
Covid-19 flexible booking terms
In the event of cancellation of your booking due to Covid-19 you will be entitled to a 100% credit note to the value of your accommodation payments in the circumstances outlined below.
Valid reasons that will lead to the utilisation of this Covid-19 cancellation policy are limited to:
- official closure of the chalet during your booked dates due to Covid-19 restrictions
- an inability to travel to the chalet during your booked dates due to official Government travel restrictions related to Covid-19. Valid circumstances are:
- travel restrictions put in place by the government of the country where the chalet is located restricting your ability to travel either to the country or to the chalet
- travel restrictions put in place by the government of your place of departure, restricting your ability to travel to the country where the chalet is located.
All other reasons will not be considered a valid reason to utilise the Covid-19 cancellation policy, and the standard cancellation policy will apply. These include, but are not limited to:
- an unwillingness to travel
- an inability to travel due to medical reasons (including any related to Covid-19)
- individual/household stay-at-home orders
This Covid-19 cancellation policy is valid up to the day of travel however there will be no refund once you have arrived in the resort should Covid-19 have any impact upon your booking once you have arrived.
Where a credit note is issued this will be valid for 24 months and can be used against a future booking with White Horizons. The arrival date of the future booking must be within 24 months from your original arrival date.
Reduced initial payment to secure your chalet booking
We’ve reduced the initial payment amount required to secure a chalet booking, from £250pp to £100pp, with, in some cases, a second instalment of the same amount required at an agreed later date.
Balance payments now due just 6 weeks prior to travel
We have reduced our balance payment terms from 10 weeks to 6 weeks prior to holiday start date.
100% refunds for ski passes
Any payments for ski lift passes can be refunded in full up until your arrival date in resort. You have the right to cancel a ski pass order, for any reason, up until this point and will receive a full refund.
Stay in our chalets with confidence – enhanced chalet cleaning protocols and Covid-19-specific training
Through a combination of our industry experience and up to date guidance, we have risk assessed our chalet operation and have introduced enhanced chalet cleaning protocols to provide our guests with a safe environment in which to relax and enjoy spending time during your holiday.
- We have produced enhanced cleaning checklists and written protocols in line with hospitality industry standards.
- Based on these protocols, all White Horizons employees will receive comprehensive Covid-19-specific hygiene training, to enable them to deliver enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures throughout our chalets.
- Employees will be provided with personal protective equipment (PPE) specific to their job role. In addition to protecting themselves, PPE reduces the chance of transmission by an infected person.
- Employees will undergo regular monitoring, including temperature checks before the start of every shift. Any staff member showing any Covid-19 symptoms will be removed from work immediately and isolated until they are safe to return.
- The communal areas of each chalet will be disinfected every day, with multiple cleans for touch points such as door handles and light switches. The whole chalet will be thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and well ventilated on a changeover day.
- Hand sanitiser and paper hand towels will be available throughout chalets for guest use. Employees will be required to sanitise regularly while working in the chalet.
- In addition to our normal high standards of spa maintenance and water chlorine and pH levels (testing and acting on the results of each test 3 times per day), the spa (& sauna in Chalet Sundance) area of each chalet will be cleaned and disinfected regularly. We will need to follow advice from the French Government regarding any social distancing measures necessary during your holiday.
- For winter 2020-21, our chalets are available for sole use chalet bookings only.
- Any group who are interested in reducing their contact with our team, please ask us in advance to discuss this further. Practical examples are:
- Socially distanced catering can be offered as buffet style meals.
- Guests can opt out of daily bedroom and bathroom cleaning, with cleaning products made available for guests to use themselves.
- Self check in option available
- A self service breakfast option available
- Provision of extra cleaning products for guest’s own use during your stay.
- 3 of our chalets are available on a self catered basis for winter 2020/2021; Chalet Arabette (sleeps 12), Chalet Le Vallon (sleeps 12) and Chalet Le Loup (sleeps 9)
We will continue to monitor the Covid-19 situation and where necessary will review our protocols. Should you have any additional requests which would give you greater peace of mind during your stay, please do not hesitate to speak to us and we will do our best to accommodate them.
Tignes as a resort
- The Grande Motte Glacier in Tignes has been open for skiing and snowboarding this summer. It is encouraging that the social distancing and Covid control measures necessary to open the ski lifts have been tried and tested in advance of the winter.
- Bars and restaurants in Tignes are now well practiced with measures in place to minimise the spread of Covid, to enable you to enjoy apres-ski during your holiday.
- The Tignes local government have been producing a charter outlining the measures the resort of Tignes will put in place to protect visitors. They are currently working with local business to ensure everyone is complying with the directives of the French Government with regard to PPE, cleaning protocols and social distancing measures.
Travelling to Tignes Les Brevieres
Our chalets in Tignes Les Brevieres have excellent car parking options and so are ideal for driving from the UK or renting a car from the airport to avoid shared airport transfers.
Chalet Le Vallon: 3 underground parking spaces
Chalet Sundance: 2 (or 3, subject to availability) underground parking spaces
Chalet Arabette: 2 outdoor private parking spaces within 50 metres (plus use of our underground spaces, subject to availability)
Chalet Le Loup: Free outdoor car parking with 400 spaces within 100 metres of the chalet
Insurance and Travel Information
Many travel insurance policies will no longer cover you as standard if your holiday is disrupted due to Covid, however there are new policies and add-ons appearing in the market that will and we would highly recommend that you source additional Covid travel insurance, including cover for NHS Test & Trace disrupting your holiday plans.
Travellers are advised to read the FCO travel advice for France
UK health authorities travel advice
The NHS website has useful information on how to take preventative measures against Covid
Booking Terms & Conditions
Please visit the terms and conditions page of our website for full details.
Please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected] for any information not covered on this Covid-19 page.